Students should create a personality collage that best represents "who they really are." To form their collage, use headlines, pictures, and clippings from newspapers and magazines, photographs, advertisements, cartoons, and any other (appropriate) and paste them onto a half sheet of posterboard.
Students will also do the same for a friend of theirs on a separate sheet of paper. At the same time, the other student will also be creating 2 colage (one of themselves and one of the partner). Note that neither should not see the other's collage before completing the assignment.
When both collages are completed, compare them:
- What are some of the major themes about yourself that are depicted in your collage?
- What are the major similarities and differences between your version and your partner's version?
- How did the differences make you feel?
- What have they taught you about yourself and/or your partner that you didn't already know?
- Would you want to eliminate these differences?
- What key elements from the theories discussed in class apply to the collages?